Every child has an amazing ability to dream and think on a completely different level from adults. Children’s museums are all about discovery and learning through play. They allow for children and families to spend time together, exploring new and exciting real world concepts and ideas in a fun and engaging way.
Cairns Children’s Museum (CCM) is a not for profit organisation set up to provide a hands-on, interactive, STEAM-focused (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) museum where children can feel comfortable to explore, take chances, make mistakes, and learn, all while sparking a curiosity about the world around them.
CCM has been operating as a mobile museum, running “pop up” events, and partnering with other organisations in the Cairns region since February 2020. CCM is a a member of the Association of Children’s Museums, a registered charity and has deductible gift recipient (DGR) status with the ATO.
Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics
STEAM activities stimulate the brain through:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Communication and Collaboration
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Social and Cross Cultural Skills
From the Founder
- Master of Science in Elementary Education: Math, Science & Technology Education- Hofstra University, New York, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood/Elementary Education N-6- New York University, New York, USA
- Institute of Leadership Training for Teaching Mathematics & Technology, SUNY Old Westbury, New York, USA
- 20 years of teaching experience at schools in New York and Cairns.